Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring Break Projects

Since Baby Sam has come along progress has stalled on the Butler's Pantry craft room. We finished the desk and it looks good but I need to get a protective piece of glass/plexi cut for the top and also need to work out some kind of bookshelf/storage options for all my supplies and fabric.

We have two built in cabinets in there but they are very deep and the shelves are not very tall so it will be a bit of a task to get those into usable condition. Right now they store all my canning jars, batteries, lightbulbs, and excess food items from Costco that don't fit in the kitchen cabinets.

So in the meantime I'm moving on to the dining room. I'm hoping to get it painted over the break and am searching desperately for a new dining table. Our current table came with me from my apartment in NJ and with the leaf in it will seat 4. Not exactly functional with our expanding circle of friends and their expanding families.

Our current table looks like this one but with a wood colored top. I got it from Target some time in 2006.


Our dining room is large and full of windows so I'm looking for something that seats at least 8. We're planning to have LOTS of babies so I didn't want to spend too much money or buy anything too precious that I wouldn't mind getting scratched or damaged over the years. 

We talked about the Norden from Ikea but thought we would continue to look around and see if we found anything else in the meantime. Only problem with the Norden was that the large size only comes in white or birch and we preferred the darker beech or antique color.


I just found a antique white farmhouse style table on craiglist that has a stained wood top and 6 matching chairs for $425. I'm going to go look at it today and see if it will work.


UPDATE: The table and chairs were awesome in every way and we picked it up the next day. I also painted the dining room a rich navy blue called Starless Night by Behr. We picked up a remnant rug from Home Depot for $88 and some drop cloth curtains. There are a few more details to work out but pics will be posted soon. And by soon I mean a long time from now.



No comments:

Post a Comment